Philip Keith is responsible for Brightwells clients in South Wales and Southwest Wales.
He is based in Penarth just south of Cardiff, and frequently attends clients in the villages and towns of the Vale of Glamorgan, Swansea and Newport, as wells as in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, Brecon Beacons and the Wye Valley.
A General Valuer, with broad knowledge of Asian and European Ceramics, furniture, silver and pictures, he also specialises in Welsh Art, with particular interest in Nantgarw and Swansea porcelain, and the works of the leading Welsh artists including Kyffin Williams, John Elwyn, Will Roberts, John Piper, Ceri Richards, Donald McIntyre and Peter Prendergast.
In 2001, he was invited to conduct the valuation of the collection of the late Josef Herman, with whom he shared a passion for African Tribal Art.
A selection of items Philip has consigned from South Wales in recent times:
1. 18thC Imperial Chinese celadon vase (£1.48 Million)
2. 18thC Imperial Chinese famille rose vase (£500,635)
3. The ‘lost’ Ben Enwonwu Daily Mirror sculptures (£361,250)
4. L S Lowry drawing (£80,500)
5. Harold Harvey oil (£52,800)
6. Louis XIV marquetry commode (£52,500)
7. Marquesas club (£44,724)
8. Kyffin Williams oil (£31,250)
9. Luba figure pair (£30,411)
If you have items you are considering selling please get in touch.
Contact: Philip Keith - firstname.lastname@example.org