Brightwells is a diverse auction house, which provides fantastic career opportunities for suitable candidates.
We are building our teams in Herefordshire, having won new contracts and expanded business
opportunities in our auctions. We offer great working conditions, highly competitive salaries and excellent career prospects. Opportunities will appear here, as they arise.
Number of current opportunities: 2
NEW VACANCY -
Plant & Machinery Operations Assistant
Madley, Herefordshire, HR2 9NH
Brightwells provides auctions required by Collectors, Investors and the Trade for the operation of the selling and remarketing of their valuable collections. We specialise in the delivery of significant financial, quality and bespoke services. Brightwells is privately owned and our Plant & Machinery auctions are nationally and internationally renowned.
The operations team is a core part of the auction business, made up of various functions -
Yard/Workshop teamwork, inspections, photography and reports;
Staff are responsible for ensuring all processes within the department run efficiently and support the smooth operation of the day-to-day function;
Ensuring sales are delivered successfully and operational, and customer service excellence are met at all times;
Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Yard/Workshop operation, through stock handling and working within Auction processes and procedures, adhering to HSE requirements at all times.
This role is located at our Madley auction centre. This would be a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday. Hours of work 08.30 - 16.30 Mon-Fri.
Specific requirements include:
• To arrange and support the organisation, storage and the display of items prior to auction on behalf of the company and vendors
• To assist in the handling and moving of items in order to provide a tidy and orderly appearance in the Yard
• To ensure you conduct yourself in calm, polite and courteous manner whilst dealing with customers and team members, by telephone, digitally or face-to-face
• To ensure the quality of images and descriptions taken are to the highest standard Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• To have a good ability to use a computer, a camera and handheld digital hardware
• To arrange and support the distribution, storage and delivery of items after the auction on behalf of the company and buyers
• To have a basic knowledge of HSE legislation
• The ability to drive your own or company vehicles. Experience of driving machinery would be an advantage
For more details or to apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
NEW VACANCY -
Madley, Herefordshire, HR2 9NH
- Madley (HR2), HR2 9NH
- Attractive salary, dependent upon experience
- Contract - Permanent
Brightwells provides auctions required by Investors and the Trade for the operation of the selling and remarketing of their valuable collections. We specialise in the delivery of significant financial, quality and bespoke services. Brightwells is privately owned and our auctions are nationally and internationally renowned.
The accounts team is a core part of the auction business, processing payments on a daily basis, ensuring efficient credit control, the timely payment of suppliers and vendors and accurate management reporting.
The role will be varied, and on-the-job training will be provided. The specific requirements include:
- Processing of sales invoices and statements
- Processing of vendor invoices and statements
- Assist with the daily banking reconciliation and issue resolution
- Accurate electronic filing of accounting documents;
- Utilise accounting system (Oracle NetSuite) to facilitate processes and maintain records. (no prior experience necessary)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel would be preferred, but training can be provided;
- Training will be provided using our accounts system Oracle NetSuite;
- Previous experience of working in an accounts role;
- Great communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Polite telephone manner;
- A proactive and process-driven approach;
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy;
- Team player who works well meeting daily demands.
This role is located at our Madley site and the hours of work are: 8:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday, and 8:00 to 16:00 on a Friday.