Position: Software Developer
Company: Brightwells, Auctioneers, Leominster
Brightwells auctions £80 Million worth of goods every year on behalf of clients. We are a very interesting and varied business, with auctions containing everything from a pair of diamond earrings through to an articulated lorry.
The company has developed its own software which is used to run its auctions. This includes:
- Building Catalogues for display on the company’s website and printing.
- Recording details of sold lots, to both buyers who are present at a sale and those who are bidding online.
- The company also runs auctions (timed) which are conducted solely online.
- Producing invoices and processing payments.
- Paying out vendors.
- Linking to the company’s accounting system which is NetSuite.
The position will entail:
- Providing first/second/third line support to users.
- Ongoing enhancement and development of the software, including:
- Discussing requirements with management and users
- Software design, development and maintenance
- Full testing
- Software deployment
It is essential that high system availability is provided during critical periods, such as during an auction. Whilst our software is already deployed widely within the company, there are plans to significantly extend its usage further within the business.
Required Skills / Experience
- MS Visual Studio
- VB.net (language in use)
- MS SQL Server, TSQL
- Object Oriented Software Development, at least 12/24 months experience
- MS Windows
- Ability to work within a team and solely, as required.
- Version Control
- Exposure to accounting software
Nice to Have
- NetSuite, SuiteTalk
- SSMS – SQL Server Management Studio
- Telerik Reporting
- SVN, Tortoise, Visual SVN version control
- Pure Components – Entry Set
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: Tony.McArthur@brightwells.com