1951 Land Rover S1 80"
80" with a nice patina; 2-litre petrol engine; recent new canvas tilt;
in the current ownership since 2012
As the Heritage Certificate confirms, this Land Rover S1
80" was built in October 1951 and despatched to the Arnold G Wilson dealership
in Leeds. There is not much history with the vehicle but a couple of historic
invoices imply that the engine had some new piston rings and gaskets in 1987 and
it had some repairs to the chassis and the bulkhead in 1999 when the brakes were
also overhauled, the engine was tuned, plus various other minor jobs.
Our vendor, who is the ninth owner, acquired the car in
March 2012 and has used it lightly, covering some 1,300 miles over this
nine-year period including a trip to the Land Rover 70th
gathering on Anglesey in June 2018. There are 15 old MOTs on file which show
that the vehicle has only covered about 8,400 miles since 1986, the odometer
currently showing 88,968 miles. The last MOT was issued in May 2018 with four
advisories (‘corrosion on n/s chassis section; corrosion on n/s outrigger;
corrosion on bulkhead; n/s front brake pipe slightly corroded’) since when it
has done about 400 miles.
The vendor states that it "runs and drives well (for an
old Land Rover!) but second gear does not select and will need attention". The
canvas tilt looks relatively new and the Land Rover has a generally honest look
about it with a nicely used patina. The V5C records it as a 1951 vehicle that
was first registered in June 1977 (ex-military, perhaps?) and has a Special Note
stating: ‘Rebuilt/assembled from parts some or all of which were not new’. It
wears a nice Radnorshire-issue number plate, LFO 466, which is transferable.
For more information contact James on 07970 309907 or