Wine, Port, Champagne & Whisky
Providing access to the National and International Wine Market
ENTRIES INVITED FOR:
Wednesday 1st December
Thursday 2nd December
For information about buying or selling wines and spirits at auction please contact Paddy Shave on 07974 929487 or firstname.lastname@example.org
September Sale Report
Brightwells’ Fine Wine Sale tops £400,000
Brightwells Wine Department had their biggest ever auction last month with over 1100 lots offered, more bidders than ever before and record prices achieved.
The sale ran online over 5 days, with the first 580 lots closing from 12 noon on Wednesday 29th September and the remainder closing from the same time on Thursday 30th.
Wine collectors, merchants, dealers and restaurateurs from around the world logged on to watch the sale unfold, with buyers registering from Hong Kong, Belgium, Germany, Denmark and Sweden as well as a large UK contingent.
The cellars of a Cumbrian country house yielded many forgotten treasures, including 11 x Chateau Latour 1982 (£12,100) and 6 x Chateau Lafite 2003 (£4,416).
A superb 1200 bottle collection from Norfolk proved very popular with buyers, with a case containing 3 bottles of Domaine de la Grange des Peres 1992 achieving £4,460. From the same cellar an Ardbeg 1975 Whisky made £3,515 and a Macallan 1964 saw the hammer fall at £3,079.
Buyers looking for good quality wines to drink over Autumn were well served, with over 400 lots selling between £100 and £300.
Information for purchasers:
Payment for lots purchased via Bank Transfer only
During the Government Isolation Period items can be stored with us free of charge. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
Collection/Delivery of Purchases - Under the updated Covid-19 regulations imposed by Government, buyers may collect their own goods, under the following terms:
• Collection by appointment only.
• Hand washing, wearing gloves and hand sanitising is essential when coming onto our sites.
• Social distancing measures must be in place and adhered to (2 metre distancing).
• Items that have been handled must be wiped down for collection.
• The collection point for items will be outside and customers must not come into any buildings.
• Items may be delivered by certified hauliers, which we will gladly help with and arrange for you. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request.
Our address is Easters Court, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 0DE