Our catalogues are all based online and are generally available to view at least a month before we hold an online auction.
The lists are promoted from the Brightwells Home Page and contain all the information you require to buy cherished numbers in this way.
We promote the cherished numbers with details of
- Paperwork - Retention Certificate OR Certificate of Entitlement.
- Photographs - JPEG graphics of the number on how it would be legally displayed on a vehicle. If appropriate a black and white example may be shown aswell as the yellow and black.
- VAT & Buyer Fees - each lot shows what rate of Buyers Premium is added to the hammer price on your invoice, plus any VAT attributable to the hammer price and the buyer fees.
- We check whether all certificates are still in date before promoting them but if you would like to know the exact date, please do get in touch.
- The physical number plates are generally not included with the sale.
Guide to Bidding Online
HOW TO BID AND BUY
All our auctions are online, where the time counts down and you place your bids before the clock runs out. Once the clock gets to the end, that is it, there is no extension if someone bids in the last few seconds.
You will need to create a bidding account on our site. Once you have an account, you can register for an auction, by going to a catalogue listing and clicking on the REGISTER FOR AUCTION button.
A deposit is usually payable for joining the auction. If you do not buy anything, then you will get the deposit back. If you buy, we will use your deposit as funds against your invoice. The amount for the deposit is shown at the point of sale registration.
To bid, go to the lots you are interested in and click on their image to open their bidding page. You will find a box where you can enter a bid, information of what the current bid is and what the next lowest amount to bid can be.
If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve.
If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then our increment system comes into play and you will see what the next minimum bid can be on the bid page. If your maximum bid is above the increment, the bid will go to the increment, unless someone thereafter forces the bid up to your maximum. Bidders cannot place a bid with the same maximum that someone else has already placed, so a warning will tell you if your bid is the same. You may pay less than your maximum bid if you win, therefore, depending on other bidders.
Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time. All bids are contractually binding. The highest bidder to be the Purchaser and no bidding shall be retracted after the hammer has fallen. The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any bidding and in the event of any dispute the Lot may be offered again at discretion of the Auctioneers.
Further tips on bidding in this auction can be found in our Guide To Timed Auctions .
This is where the best bid is secured below reserve and sold subject to acceptance of the bid by the vendor. We will contact the provisional bidder to negotiate the sale of the Lot.
All lots are offered with the seller’s description. All prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves to condition before bidding on any lot. All the cherished numbers are sold AS IS, and entirely without warranty. This means there is no comeback and no rejection possibility whatsoever after purchase. It is your responsibility to ascertain the true condition of any lot before you make your bid. If you are in any doubt as to the condition, authenticity, identity or provenance of any lot, do not bid as there is no ‘cooling off’ period and no post-sale negotiations will be entered into.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Purchases will only be released when full payment (inclusive of all charges) has been made in cleared funds to Brightwells. We will accept payment in the following ways:
- Bank Transfer – our bank details are as follows: Barclays Bank plc, 1-3 Broad Street, Hereford, (Tel: 01432 682250) Sort Code: 20-39-72 Account number: 60776394 SWIFT NUMBER: BARCGB22. IBAN: GB30 BARC 2039 6470 2551 65.
- Debit Cards – Please note that these are only accepted if payment is made in person.
- Credit Cards – please note we do not accept credit cards.