Timed Online Auction of Classic Cars
- Registration & Bidding opened: Monday, 29th June 2020 from 11:00am
- Bidding Closed: Thursday, 2nd July 2020 from 8:02pm
Welcome to this, our second timed auction of Classic Cars
Bidding Opens: Monday 29th June at 10am
Bidding Starts to Close: Thursday 2nd July from 7pm
• Vehicles - all vehicles on offer are physically with us at our Easters Court premises so we have inspected both the vehicles themselves and the associated paperwork. Please note - this is a timed-online auction and no viewing is permitted. The Brightwells’ site at Easters Court is closed to all visitors without appointments until further notice due to Government restrictions.
• Registration Deposit - A Deposit of £2,500 will need to be paid to participate in the Auction. Please note that all deposits are to be paid via Sagepay - no deposits will be taken over the phone. Unsuccessful purchasers should note that refunds of deposits can take approximately 3 - 5 days.
• Buyers Fees - We charge a Buyer’s Premium of 12%+vat on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
• Online fees - We have suspended our usual supplementary online buyers’ fees, so you can buy through the timed auctions at no additional cost. Only the hammer price plus our standard Buyer’s Premium and any associated VAT will apply.
• Tips on Bidding - Put in your highest bid you would be prepared to go to, at your earliest opportunity. When bidding, the system treats your bid differently depending on whether the seller has placed a reserve price on the lot. If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve. If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then an increment table operates that the system follows, similar to other bidding platforms. For example: £2 increment up to £50; £5 increment up to £100; £10 increment up to £200; £20 increment up to £500; £25 increment up to £1000; £50 increment up to £10,000. A word to the wise – don’t wait until the last minute to bid, put your highest bid in as early as possible. You may pay less than your bid if you win. Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time, during or after the auction. All bids are contractually binding. Winning bidders will be emailed on the next working day after the auction. The Auctioneers may withdraw Lots at any time (see 3.2 Condition of Sale). If you are the successful bidder on one or more than one lot that is sold to you, provisionally or outright, the bids are binding and you cannot withdraw any bids - you will be liable for all lots sold to you.
• Reserve Prices and Provisional Sales - Some lots may have reserve prices and the final highest bid on a lot may be subject to acceptance by the seller, if the reserve is higher. The highest final bidder on a lot is contractually obliged to stand by that bid, if it is accepted by the seller.
• Warranties and Descriptions - Items in this auction are all sold as seen and without warranty. There is no guarantee of condition, working condition or description. No items have been tried or tested for sale. Volumes, where stated, are approximate and are not guaranteed. Condition Reports are for guidance only and do not provide any mechanical/electrical guarantees. Details of the vehicles offered are taken from the V5C.
• Invoicing and Payments - All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer or debit card, terms will be sent with the email invoice.
• Collection/Delivery of Purchases - Under the updated Covid-19 regulations imposed by Government, buyers may collect their own goods, under the following terms: .
• Collection by appointment only.
• Hand washing, wearing gloves and hand sanitising is essential when coming onto our sites.
• Social distancing measures must be in place and adhered to (2 metre distancing).
• Items that have been handled must be wiped down for collection.
• The collection point for items will be outside and customers must not come into any buildings.
• Items may be delivered by certified hauliers, which we will gladly help with and arrange for you. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request.
All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
• Storage - During the Government Isolation Period items can be stored with us free of charge. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
• Health & Safety – Covid 19 Regulations: When customers come on site, we expect them to read our signage, listen to social distancing and cleaning requirements outlined by our staff and to abide by our risk assessments/notices. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our site, as we take the safety of our customers and staff to be our highest priority.
1972 Range Rover Two-door Classic
UK registered restoration project. B-Suffix car with lots of potential
HOM 933L 6th April 1973 and delivered through Colliers in
1950 Land Rover Series I 80"
Full restoration required; just like a big box of Meccano....
This 1950 'lights behind grille' 80" was delivered new to Australia by
1985 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
A high days and holidays car owned by a lady in Scotland, this 1985 Astral Silver 280SL has been in the same family ownership since
1975 Volkswagen Car Transporter
One-off build with its own chassis no. issued by DVLA; Subaru Legacy boxer power to the rear axle; built by VW restoration specialist
1992 Vauxhall Carlton Diplomat i Automatic
Supplied new in November 1992, this is a Phase II Vauxhall Carlton, known as the Omega A in Europe and features the 148bhp
2001 Mini Cooper
Tidy late model MkVII Mini Cooper with the 1.3i four-cylinder lump developing 62bhp that’s covered an indicated 75,186 miles. Finished in blue
1985 Austin Maestro 500 City Van
Time warp condition; 10,000 miles indicated; driven 30 miles to the sale; remarkable order; find another
This extremely smart
Under Offer @ £3,625
1983 BMW R65
A well-loved R65 with twin front discs, it still shows under 70,000 miles on the clock. The vendor has owned it for the last 36 years and has clearly
1990 Mercedes-Benz 260E Auto
Luxury classic motoring showing 135,000 miles from new; 24 stamps in the book; very clean and tidy
Delivered new through Rivervale
c1970 Carlite Casalette S Two-Berth Caravan
A stunning two berth icon; freshly restored; cocktail cabinet; new upholstery; very chic; compact and lightweight;
1991 Vauxhall Lotus Carlton Turbo
Supplied new in August 1991, the car remained in their hands until 1995 since when it has had a further six owners until our
1973 Range Rover Classic Two-door
A restoration project to get your teeth into, or lay it down like a fine wine for a rainy day!
The only documentation with this
1951 Land Rover Series I 80" Chassis Number R06108610
This one from Australia. Originally supplied through Granville Motors in Sydney, it has a
2001 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24v
From long-term ownership; very sharp example; stainless sports exhaust; black leather; four keys; loads of history
2003 Bentley Arnage T
The Arnage T, introduced in 2002 featured a comprehensively re-engineered version of the big V8 including a new Bosch engine management
1952 Bristol 401
First registered MNF 423 in 1952, this Manchester registered Bristol spent its formative years in and around the Manchester area.
The buff logbook
C1952 Bristol two-litre engine
85c engine block which has been line bored
This has been professionally checked and laser welded as required New cam
1986 Morgan 4/4 Four-Seater
The perfect entry point into Morgan motoring; solid car with current Irish MOT; interesting history; fun for all the family
The specs for
1972 Range Rover Classic Two-door
UK registered RHD example. Needs extensive chassis work but a nice early car with potential
For more information - contact Matthew
Under Offer @ £1,900
1950 Land Rover Series I 80" Chassis Number R06110724
Project - what you see is what you get....
This 1950 Land Rover has had some interesting mods over