Timed Online Auction of Classic Cars & Motorcycles
- Registration & Bidding opened: Saturday, 31st October 2020 from 10:00am
- Bidding Closed: Thursday, 5th November 2020 from 7:02pm
Welcome to this, our fifth timed auction of Classic Cars
Bidding Opens: Saturday 31st October at 10am
Buyers Premium - 12% plus VAT
Bidding Starts to Close: Thursday 5th November from 7pm
• Vehicles - all vehicles on offer are physically with us at our Easters Court premises so we have inspected both the vehicles themselves and the associated paperwork. Please note - this is a timed-online auction and viewing is permitted by appointment from Monday 2nd November. The Brightwells’ site at Easters Court is closed to all visitors without appointments until further notice due to Government restrictions.
• Collections - We are currently able to offer 'click and collect' to successful bidders under the current lockdown rules. Vehicles will be handed over following strict safety guidelines.
• Registration Deposit - A deposit reservation of £2,500 will need to be made to participate in the Auction. Please note that all deposits are managed by Sagepay - no deposits will be taken over the phone. Unsuccessful purchasers should note that the release of funds can take approximately 3 - 5 days.
• Buyers Fees - We charge a Buyer’s Premium of 12%+vat on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
• Online fees - We have suspended our usual supplementary online buyers’ fees, so you can buy through the timed auctions at no additional cost. Only the hammer price plus our standard Buyer’s Premium and any associated VAT will apply.
• Tips on Bidding - Put in your highest bid you would be prepared to go to, at your earliest opportunity. When bidding, the system treats your bid differently depending on whether the seller has placed a reserve price on the lot. If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve. If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then an increment table operates that the system follows, similar to other bidding platforms. For example: £2 increment up to £50; £5 increment up to £100; £10 increment up to £200; £20 increment up to £500; £25 increment up to £1000; £50 increment up to £10,000. A word to the wise – don’t wait until the last minute to bid, put your highest bid in as early as possible. You may pay less than your bid if you win. Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time, during or after the auction. All bids are contractually binding. Winning bidders will be emailed on the next working day after the auction. The Auctioneers may withdraw Lots at any time (see 3.2 Condition of Sale). If you are the successful bidder on one or more than one lot that is sold to you, provisionally or outright, the bids are binding and you cannot withdraw any bids - you will be liable for all lots sold to you.
• Reserve Prices and Provisional Sales - Some lots may have reserve prices and the final highest bid on a lot may be subject to acceptance by the seller, if the reserve is higher. The highest final bidder on a lot is contractually obliged to stand by that bid, if it is accepted by the seller.
• Warranties and Descriptions - Items in this auction are all sold as seen and without warranty. There is no guarantee of condition, working condition or description. No items have been tried or tested for sale. Volumes, where stated, are approximate and are not guaranteed. Condition Reports are for guidance only and do not provide any mechanical/electrical guarantees. Details of the vehicles offered are taken from the V5C.
• Invoicing and Payments - All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer or debit card, terms will be sent with the email invoice.
• Collection/Delivery of Purchases - Under the updated Covid-19 regulations imposed by Government, buyers may collect their own goods, under the following terms: .
• Collection by appointment only.
• Hand washing, wearing gloves and hand sanitising is essential when coming onto our sites.
• Social distancing measures must be in place and adhered to (2 metre distancing).
• Items that have been handled must be wiped down for collection.
• The collection point for items will be outside and customers must not come into any buildings.
• Items may be delivered by certified hauliers, which we will gladly help with and arrange for you. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request.
All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
• Storage - During the Government Isolation Period items can be stored with us free of charge. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
• Health & Safety – Covid 19 Regulations: When customers come on site, we expect them to read our signage, listen to social distancing and cleaning requirements outlined by our staff and to abide by our risk assessments/notices. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our site, as we take the safety of our customers and staff to be our highest priority.
1969 Morris 1100
Fitted with reconditioned 1,300cc engine; large bore exhaust; gearbox stripped, cleaned and rebuilt; bodywork perhaps needs a little tlc but this looks
1971 Austin 6 CWT Pickup
Originally registered in Swansea as a van; only five recorded previous keepers; runs and drives but may need some recommissioning here and there
1957 Austin A35 Two-door Saloon
Very presentable little Austin; most recently been used for display purposes after long term ownership; few previous owners; runs and
1963 Land Rover Series IIA
Only three recorded keepers since new; cosmetically restored approximately ten years ago; original petrol engine; service book and owners pack
1996 Rover Mini Equinox
Unmolested with two owners from new and just 16,685 miles; funky spec; 1,275cc power with scope for light cosmetic improvement
Dating from October
1972 Land Rover Series III
Patinated, time worn SIII 88" with 2.25 petrol power from long term 21 year ownership; eminently usable
Dating from April 1972 this eminently
1927 Austin 7 Chummy
Delightful light car in super condition; purchased by the vendor's father 73 years ago!; fully restored and ready to go
Purchased by the vendor's father
1988 Range Rover Classic 2-door
Wonderfully original Spanish supplied 2-door VM 2.4 diesel Rangie imported in 2017 showing just 106,573km
Unusual to see European
1996 Fiat Coupe 20V
Striking, throaty 20v 5-pot coupe from 19 year lady ownership; new clutch and timing belt in September 2020; a rare sight
Supplied new in
1970 MGB Roadster
Mid-'80s restoration around a new Heritage Shell; Goldseal engine; Spax suspension; from long term ownership; a lovely Roadster ready for immediate use
Traditional Clinker made River Boat
Sympathetically refurbished; Stuart single cyclinder engine; 15ft red, white and blue vessel with accompanying
1979 BMW 520/6 (E12)
In storage for many years this LHD E12 gen' 5-series is a rare car, here in manual six-cylinder M20B20 form requiring some recommissioning
1993 Mini Italian Job
Super rare special edition, believed 1 of just 250 paying tribute to the famous film cars, just four owners and in lovely order
1964 Ford Cortina Mk1 Lotus
Recently rebuilt car; interesting history; A-frame model
Like so many Lotus Cortinas, this car has led an eventful life.
There are plenty of
1999 Jaguar XK8 (X100)
Unusual in Phoenix red with cream leather and walnut; last owner since 2011 with just three previous keepers and little recent use
Supplied new in
1929 Humber 9/28 Saloon
Well fettled; well patinated, cosy saloon; LC&ES eligable; rebuilt back axle; oily rag delight
The vendor bought this car back in 2016 and
1939 SS Jaguar 1.5 Saloon
Nice entry level SS Jaguar coming with Buff log book and documents dating from the '60s
Dating from 1939, this attractive SS Jaguar 1.5 Saloon
1926 Armstrong-Siddeley Long 18hp van
Fully restored van including new body, chassis re-riveted; new radiator; fully rebuilt engine, gearbox and rear axle; ready for work or
1935 Singer Nine Le Mans
Rare long-tail version; matching numbers; older restoration in good order throughout; last owner 35 years and always in regular use; original
1953 Wolseley 4/44 Saloon
Believed to be the second earliest car currently on the register; beautiful patina in and out; recent overhaul to the brakes
The Wolseley Four