Classic Car & Motorcycle Auction
- Registration & Bidding opened: Saturday, 31st July 2021 from 11:00am
- Bidding Closed: Thursday, 5th August 2021 from 8:01pm
Registration and Bidding Opens: Saturday 31st July at 10am
• Viewing - Monday 2nd August - Wednesday 4th August, 9am - 5pm. This is by appointment ONLY and can be arranged online – HERE.
• Buyers Fees - We charge a Buyer’s Premium of 12% (minimum £150) plus vat on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
• Vehicles - all vehicles on offer are physically with us at our Easters Court premises so we have inspected both the vehicles themselves and the associated paperwork. Please note - this is a timed-online auction and although we aim to have viewing capabilities, this will depend on the latest Government restrictions. The Brightwells’ site at Easters Court is closed to all visitors without appointments until further notice.
• Registration Deposit - A deposit reservation (like a hotel/hire car booking) of £2,500 is needed to participate in the Auction. Please note that all deposit reservations are managed through Sagepay - no deposits will be taken over the phone. Unsuccessful purchasers should note that refunds of deposits can take approximately 3 - 5 days, you will get an email at the time we have processed the release from our side and please check with your bank to ensure they do not have a longer return policy.
• Tips on Bidding - Register early and don’t bid late! And please note the following:
o Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time. All bids are contractually binding.
o If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve.
o If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then our increment system comes into play and you will see what the next minimum bid can be on the bid page. If your maximum bid is above the increment, the bid will go to the increment, unless someone thereafter forces the bid up to your maximum. Bidders cannot place a bid with the same maximum that someone else has already placed, so a warning will tell you if your bid is the same. You may pay less than your maximum bid if you win, therefore, depending on other bidders.
o Further tips on bidding in this auction can be found in our Guide To Timed Auctions HERE.
• Reserve Prices and Provisional Sales - Some lots may have reserve prices and the final highest bid on a lot may be subject to acceptance by the seller, if the reserve is higher. The highest final bidder on a lot is contractually obliged to stand by that bid, if it is accepted by the seller.
• Warranties and Descriptions - Items in this auction are all sold as seen and without warranty. There is no guarantee of condition, working condition or description. No items have been tried or tested for sale. Volumes, where stated, are approximate and are not guaranteed. Condition Reports are for guidance only and do not provide any mechanical/electrical guarantees. Details of the vehicles offered are taken from the V5C.
• Invoicing and Payments - All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer or debit card, terms will be sent with the email invoice. We do not accept cash.
• Collection/Delivery of Purchases - Under the updated Covid-19 regulations imposed by Government, buyers may collect their own goods, under the following terms: .
o Collection by appointment only.
o Hand washing, wearing gloves and hand sanitising is essential when coming onto our sites.
o Social distancing measures must be in place and adhered to (2 metre distancing).
o Items that have been handled must be wiped down for collection.
o The collection point for items will be outside and customers must not come into any buildings.
o Items may be delivered by certified hauliers, which we will gladly help with and arrange for you. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request.
o All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
• Storage - Items can be stored with us free of charge for one week from the sale date, after which we will charge £15 plus VAT per item per day. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
• Health & Safety – Covid 19 Regulations: When customers come on site, we expect them to read our signage, listen to social distancing and cleaning requirements outlined by our staff and to abide by our risk assessments/notices. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our site, as we take the safety of our customers and staff to be our highest priority.
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII
From the Ken Norton Collection; owned by our vendor since new; cracking order having been well-loved for many years
Purchased new from
1938 Austin 12/6 Goodwood Cabriolet
Owned by our vendor since 1975 - at the same address as it was first registered in 1938; unusual cabriolet body; in need of
1935 Austin 7 Ulster Replica
LWB special; running and driving; Rod Yates bare aluminium body; used regularly by the current owner for the last three years
1980 MGB Roadster
In depth recent restoration; fortune spent; full repaint; reluctant sale
This sharp and well presented MGB Roadster was first registered in March 1979 and was
1911 AC Sociable
Incredibly rare machine; from the Ken Norton collection; competed in the Banbury run in 2017 and Pioneer runs of 1985 and 1987
‘The car that leads
1998 Fiat Barchetta
Only 80,500 miles indicated; black leather interior; smart example of this pretty little roadster
Launched in 1995, the Fiat Barchetta was a
1957 Morris Minor Convertible
Genuine factory convertible; family owned from new until last year; very smart example ready for summer fun
The original 1948 Minor - or
2000 Saab 9-5 Hearse
Professionally built by Coleman Milne in late 2000; in service until mid May 2021; ready for work or....play?!
Room for one inside?
Saab 9-5 converted to
1977 MGB Roadster
Recent engine overhaul; new wheels and quality tyres; stainless exhaust; overdrive; ready to be enjoyed
This well looked after B Roadster has been in the
1988 Porsche 924 S
Late model 156bhp automatic 924 S in black showing just 79,852 miles; recent documented £6,300 spent on remedial works
Supplied new in August 1988 by Ian
1966 Silver Streak Atlas Deluxe
Stunning comprehensively restored luxury aluminium American Trailer; fully equipped with everything working; solar panels;
1969 Jaguar E-Type Series II Roadster
Current owner for the last 10 years; fastidiously maintained with some choice upgrades; factory hard top; 4.2 manual
199 Austin Mini Mayfair
Ideal use and improve 998cc example showing just 49,279 miles; in the current ownership for the last 18 years
Dating from May 1989, this late
1982 Madison Kit Car
Offered from a deceased estate; only one recorded keeper according to the DVLA but no paperwork; not run for some time; kept in dry storage; in
1960 Armstrong Siddeley Star Sapphire Limousine
Ex-St John Foti Collection; one of only 73 made; few owners; disc brakes; power steering; lusty 4.0 straight-six; manual
1960 Jaguar XK150 SE 3.8 DHC
Matching numbers; manual overdrive; uprated disc brakes all round; ex-California car fully restored in 2003 and only 2,500 miles since; converted
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor
Current keeper 10 years; 106k miles with 10 services to date; electric folding hard top; cheap summer fun with bags of
1967 Riley Elf MkIII
Recently restored and upgraded with 1,100cc engine, front disc brakes and alternator charging
Spotting a gap in the market for a more luxurious
2000 Tiger Super Six
Nicely built and prepared; MOT June 2022; weather equipment; just 8,300 miles since build; twin 40s; driven to us and ready to go
c.1960 Aston Martin DB4 front end
Original front aluminium panelwork from a DB4; ideal for use as repair sections or convert into wall art; office desk??