Classic Car & Motorcycle Auction
- Registration & Bidding opened: Saturday, 12th February 2022 from 10:00am
- Bidding Closed: Wednesday, 16th February 2022 from 7:01pm
It is with regret that we must postpone the ending of our Classic Car & Motorcycle auction, which was due to conclude tonight. Early indicators are that there may be a major electrical issue with the website servers, caused by storms on UK mainland. This sale will now end TODAY, from lot 107 onwards, finishing from 7pm UK time. Lots 1-106 have already ended and therefore will not be re-run. For any more info please give us a call during work hours on 01568 611122.
• Buyers Fees - We charge a Buyer’s Premium of 12% (minimum £150) plus vat on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
• Vehicles - all vehicles on offer are physically with us at our Easters Court premises so we have inspected both the vehicles themselves and the associated paperwork. Please note - this is a timed-online auction and although we aim to have viewing capabilities, this will depend on the latest Government restrictions. The Brightwells’ site at Easters Court is closed to all visitors without appointments until further notice.
• Registration Deposit - A deposit reservation (like a hotel/hire car booking) of £2,500 is needed to participate in the Auction. Please note that all deposit reservations are managed through Sagepay - no deposits will be taken over the phone. Unsuccessful purchasers should note that refunds of deposits can take approximately 3 - 5 days, you will get an email at the time we have processed the release from our side and please check with your bank to ensure they do not have a longer return policy.
• Tips on Bidding - Register early and don’t bid late! And please note the following:
o Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time. All bids are contractually binding.
o If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve.
o If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then our increment system comes into play and you will see what the next minimum bid can be on the bid page. If your maximum bid is above the increment, the bid will go to the increment, unless someone thereafter forces the bid up to your maximum. Bidders cannot place a bid with the same maximum that someone else has already placed, so a warning will tell you if your bid is the same. You may pay less than your maximum bid if you win, therefore, depending on other bidders.
o Further tips on bidding in this auction can be found in our Guide To Timed Auctions HERE.
• Reserve Prices and Provisional Sales - Some lots may have reserve prices and the final highest bid on a lot may be subject to acceptance by the seller, if the reserve is higher. The highest final bidder on a lot is contractually obliged to stand by that bid, if it is accepted by the seller.
• Warranties and Descriptions - Items in this auction are all sold as seen and without warranty. There is no guarantee of condition, working condition or description. No items have been tried or tested for sale. Volumes, where stated, are approximate and are not guaranteed. Condition Reports are for guidance only and do not provide any mechanical/electrical guarantees. Details of the vehicles offered are taken from the V5C.
• Invoicing and Payments - All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer or debit card, terms will be sent with the email invoice. We do not accept cash.
• Collection/Delivery of Purchases - Under the updated Covid-19 regulations imposed by Government, buyers may collect their own goods, under the following terms: .
o Collection by appointment only.
o Hand washing, wearing gloves and hand sanitising is essential when coming onto our sites.
o Social distancing measures must be in place and adhered to (2 metre distancing).
o Items that have been handled must be wiped down for collection.
o The collection point for items will be outside and customers must not come into any buildings.
o All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
• Storage - Items can be stored with us free of charge for one week from the sale date, after which we will charge £15 plus VAT per item per day. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
• Health & Safety – Covid 19 Regulations: When customers come on site, we expect them to read our signage, listen to social distancing and cleaning requirements outlined by our staff and to abide by our risk assessments/notices. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our site, as we take the safety of our customers and staff to be our highest priority.
• Recommended Hardware & Software – Our website is built with the newest coding to protect against security and to provide the best experience. Older hardware and software that is not supported by manufacturers and providers is always best avoided, so we recommend that you use this IT specification to help you to bid:
- A stable internet/4G internet connection is essential
- Desktop/Laptop minimum browser requirements: Edge 15+, Chrome 55+, Firefox 52+, Opera 42+ or Safari 11+
- Mobile/Tablet minimum browser requirement: IOS 11+, Samsung Internet 6.2+, UC Browser for Android 12.12 +
1934 Riley Nine Lynx Special
Restored from the chassis up in 1983; from a deceased estate; not used for about two years; wonderful opportunity
In 1982, Riley Register and VSCC
Under Offer @ £12,200
1951 Rover P4 75 Cyclops
Rare early Cyclops P4; only five previously recorded keepers; little recent use but runs and drives
First registered in July 1951, this rare old
2008 Alfa Romeo GT JTS Cloverleaf
Rare Cloverleaf version with factory bodykit, 18" alloys and leather interior showing under 67,367 miles,
1999 Audi Cabriolet (B4)
Smart late model B4 Cabriolet with the powerful 2.8 V6 and manual 'box with full blue leather, electric hood showing just 76,500 miles from 18 year
1983 Volkswagen T25 Hi-Top Camper
1.9-litre petrol; MOTd four berth camper; sink, cooker and fridge; live the dream; MOTd and ready to go
First registered in
2000 Skoda Felicia Fun Pick-up
Desirable example showing just 53,454 miles with hard-to find and valuable Truckman rear canopy; lowered suspension
Dating from August Yr.2000,
1947 Austin Eight
Ripe for restoration this Eight has great potential and has been left untouched in a barn for years
Dating from July 1947, this late model Post-War
1971 MGB GT
Running and driving example to use and improve; current MOT; driven 50 miles to the sale
This 1971 MkII BGT looks the perfect use and improve example.
1997 Mini Cooper
66,300 mile example; in storage for a couple of years; runs and drives; great opportunity; just three owners from new
This smart little Cooper came into the
c1936 Matchless engine and Morgan Three Wheeler parts
Loosely assembled OHV water-cooled Matchless V-Twin engine. Includes engine plates, spacers and external flywheel to suit
1980 Pilgrim Family Tourer
Potentially fun and rare to see Ford powered model requiring some recommissioning after time in storage; replacement hood and
1970 BMW 2000 SA
Incredibly rare South Africa-built car; owned in Malaysia since 2016 and recently brought over to the UK; all NOVA details on file
Presented here is a 2000
Under Offer @ £7,800
1993 Land Rover Discovery I V8i
Time-warp 40,373 mile 4-owner 3.5 V8 manual 3-door Disco carefully stored since 2014 - find another?
Supplied new by Lex Land Rover of Bury,
1979 Land Rover Series III, 88in
Owned by our vendor since 2007; regularly used until 2013; limited use since but runs and drives
This petrol-powered Series III Land
1955 Alfa Romeo 1900 Berlina
Complete car for straightforward restoration; rust-free shell; factory RHD; exciting winter project with lots of potential
1998 Maserati Quattroporte
1998 Maserati Quattroporte MkIV
Extremely rare RHD 3.2 V8 Ottocilindri; four owners, the current for 12 years; impeccable service history; new stainless steel exhaust; a lovely
1939 Morris 8 Series E Tourer
Older restoration in very nice order; recent hoodbag and seat refurb; engine rebuild in 1997 with few miles since; from long-term ownership
1970 MG Midget MkIII
Tidy 1275cc Midget restored on a Heritage shell that's seen little use since restoration in the late 90s/early 00's
Dating from July 1970, this
2004 Tuk Tuk by Pholasith
Purchased new in '04 by UK vendor direct from Thailand; 550cc Daihatsu power; UK registered with an MOT until November 2022; rapid, useful
1967 Jaguar 420
Imported to the UK from a dry climate in 2002 and only two owners since; power steering; air con; well-maintained and in regular use
To those in the know, the