1934 Riley Nine Lincock
A very rare model; nice and original with recent expenditure; use and improve: ex-Doune Motor Museum
First registered in Boston, Lincolnshire in 1934, this rare and attractive two-door coupe was owned by Colin Clifford of Cleethorpes who restored it during the mid-late '60s.
In 1968, it was sold by Dan Margulies of Queensgate Mews, London to Lord Doune, who drove and enjoyed it, the car forming part of his collection and museum.
Several bills on file date from 1969 and 1971, Lord Doune keeping the car until 1998. It was to remain in Scotland in the hands of its new owner, who invested in its upkeep with The Anvil Garage, including rebuilt springs and a recored radiator, the car 'running and handling exactly as it should' by November 2004.
Our vendor's late father took it on in 2008, the car moving to West Wales and remaining there ever since. We don't think it has done a great deal of work in his hands, but remains in nicely patinated condition commensurate with a 1960s restoration and has been up and running within the last year or so.
Due for some light recommissioning, it looks like the carbs have been nicely rebuilt, it has a recent fuel pump and is neat and tidy under the bonnet.
This is a most appealing Nine with potential to use and improve as time and funds allow.
For more information - contact [email protected]
* All charges are subject to VAT