1954 Plymouth P25 Phantom Sedan Custom Delivery Van
Custom built van from a deceased estate imported from Canada where it was owned by renowned hot-rodder Nate Salter with 5.0 Chrysler Magnum V8 and 727 Torqueflite 'box
A seriously cool and striking hot rod.
Based on a 1954 Plymouth P25 delivery van, it’s been heavily modified and customised to include a spec taken from the spec sheet in the history file and information in the car but includes (we believe) the following –
• Originally a 1954 Plymouth Plaza two door station wagon and customised by the late Nate Slater.
• The car features an 1988 Chrysler 5th Avenue front clip, and a Beatty & Woods 388 CID stroked 360 Mopar engine with an A727 Torqueflite automatic transmission with Genie shifter and a Dart 8 3/4 rear end. *** 388CID equates to c.6.4 litres although the V5C states 4999cc ***
• The side panels have been filled in and the two-piece tailgate has been modified to become a single lift-up tail gate.
• The wheels are a combination of ‘95 Intrepid on front and 5th Avenue on back, sporting Coker Classic Wide White tyres, supplemented by Dodge Lancer 4 bar spinners.
• The rear quarters have had 1955 tail-lights and quarters grafted on with a 2002 Chrysler 300M gas filler door.
• The side scoops are ‘56 Plymouth quarters, but reversed.
• There is also a frenched antennae in the right rear quarter.
• The grille is a double stock lower grille bar moulded, as are the seams of the front fenders.
• The hood has 152 louvers stamped in it, and the factory sun visor sits over the tinted windshield.
• The dash has a custom aluminium insert filled with a complete set of seven Autometer gauges
• The car features a custom red and white pleated and rolled interior with Imperial power seats and custom fitted carpets front to rear.
• It also features solenoid operated doors and power windows as well as vintage air (the driver’s door solenoid has failed and there is a cable you now pull)
• The mileage shows 5178 miles
Sadly the owner died and we offer this via his daughter as a deceased estate Lot. The history file includes only the V5C showing two former keepers (daughter and father are two of them) and couple of DVLA registration docs from when it was imported and registered here in 2014.
Below are a couple of links to bits relating to the car, and Honest Nate who was a famous salt racer and Hot Rodder that owned the car- https://www.yesterdaysspeedways.com/readers-column/honest-nate-salters-column/honest-nate-salter-column-2/ https://www.wheels.ca/news/nathan-nate-salter-race-cars-and-old-cars-were-his-passion
The car was driven 30 miles to the sale and is on offer at No Reserve so the highest bid takes it away!
For more information contact - [email protected]
* All charges are subject to VAT