Wine Sale: Bin ends, Oddments & Rarities
- Registration & Bidding opened: Saturday, 29th July 2023 from 10:00am
- Bidding Closed: Wednesday, 2nd August 2023 from 12:00pm
Closing 2nd August from 12 noon
Bidding Opens: Saturday 29th July at 10am.
• Buyers Fees - We charge a Buyer’s Premium of 17.5% (minimum £20) plus vat on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
This is a timed online auction only - Please do not attend the site, as no live auction is taking place.
PLEASE NOTE: Lots in this sale finish in 30 second intervals. The sale starts to close at 12 noon, 2nd August.
To download a printable auction catalogue click HERE
REMARKS & SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF SALE (Supplementary to our Terms & Conditions, linked above)
This is a TRADE AUCTION only. No bids should be made by any bidder in their capacity as a consumer.
Please note the following:
- A Deposit of £250 will need to be paid to participate in this Timed Online Auction.
- All deposits are to be paid via Sagepay. No deposits will be taken over the phone. This is a “reserved payment” system whereby your money will only be taken when you have successfully purchased or become the highest bidder on a lot and goes towards the total purchase price. The purchaser will then be responsible to pay the remaining amount due.
- Upon failure of compliance with the Conditions, money deposited in payment will be forfeited and the Lots which may remain uncleared after the time aforesaid will be sold by public or private sale, without notice to the former Purchaser and the deficiency (if any) by such second sale, together with all charges attending the same, shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
- Unsuccessful purchasers should note that refunds of deposits can take approximately 3 - 5 days, you will get an email at the time we have processed the release from our side and please check with you bank to ensure they do not have a longer return policy.
TIPS ON BIDDING
Register early and don’t bid late! And please note the following:
- Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time. All bids are contractually binding. The highest bidder to be the Purchaser and no bidding shall be retracted after the hammer has fallen. The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any bidding and in the event of any dispute the Lot may be up again at the Auctioneers’ discretion.
- If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve.
- If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then our increment system comes into play and you will see what the next minimum bid can be on the bid page. If your maximum bid is above the increment, the bid will go to the increment, unless someone thereafter forces the bid up to your maximum. Bidders cannot place a bid with the same maximum that someone else has already placed, so a warning will tell you if your bid is the same. You may pay less than your maximum bid if you win, therefore, depending on other bidders.
- Further tips on bidding in this auction can be found in our Guide To Timed Auctions HERE.
INVOICING AND PAYMENTS
The sale will start to close from 12 noon on Wednesday 2nd August, each lot will end 30 seconds apart. If your bid wins, you must buy. Your bid on an auction is a legally binding contract, including provisional sales (highest bid below reserve). For provisional sales, bidders will be contacted after the sale to confirm if these are accepted. All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer, terms will be sent with the email invoice.
BUYERS FEES & VAT
All Lots are subject to Buyers Premium of 17.5% + VAT (with a min of £20 + VAT). Only sale prices and our standard buyers fees (buyers premium) will apply. If applicable, the VAT status applied to the hammer price is shown in the lot description.
COLLECTION/DELIVERY OF PURCHASES
COLLECTION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. NO APPOINTMENT – NO COLLECTION – PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR HAULIER WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. If you wish, we will gladly help with and arrange your delivery for you through certified hauliers. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request. All items are located at Brightwells, Easters Court, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 0DE, unless otherwise stated within the lot description (ie all lots In Bond). All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
During the Government Isolation Period items can be stored with us free of charge. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
ITEMS SOLD UNDER BOND
Some lots are held under bond. All items purchased under bond are only available for transfer under bond to a buyer with a bond account. Bond transfers will be subject to a £1 per lot administration charge and any delivery charges will be passed on to the buyer after the sale. The buyer may also be liable for an administration charge from the issuing bond. Brightwells can assist in setting up bond accounts for buyers if required.
The catalogue abbreviations you will find within lot descriptions are explained below:
Labels & Foil:
bsl: Bin Soiled
cdl: Cellar Damaged
slstl: Slight Stained Label
disl: Disintegrated Label
foil: Foil/Capsule Damaged
nf: Not Filtered
ib: in Bond
oc: Original Carton
owc: Original Wooden Case
Wine Levels (Mirrington Level Indicator) :
hf: High Fill
in: Into Neck
ts: Very Top Shoulder
ts: Top Shoulder
us: Upper Shoulder
ms: Mid Shoulder
ls: Low Shoulder
bls: Below Low Shoulder
Health & Safety – When customers come on site, we expect them to read our signage, listen to social distancing and cleaning requirements outlined by our staff and to abide by our risk assessments/notices. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our site, as we take the safety of our customers and staff to be our highest priority.
RECOMMENDED HARDWARE & SOFTWARE – Our website is built with the newest coding to provide security and the best experience. Older hardware and software that is not supported by manufacturers and providers is always best avoided, so we recommend that you use this IT specification to help you to bid:
- A stable internet/4G internet connection is essential
- Desktop/Laptop minimum browser requirements: Edge 15+, Chrome 55+, Firefox 52+, Opera 42+ or Safari 11+
- Mobile/Tablet minimum browser requirement: IOS 11+, Samsung Internet 6.2+, UC Browser for Android 12.12 +
18 bottles of Ceiros 2007 Vinho Tinto, Douro, Portugal, oc; 6 bottles of Lyme Bay Sandbar English white wine, 1 x 2015, 5 x 2016. 24 bottles in total. No VAT. No Reserve.
11 bottles of Oakridge Over The Shoulder 2013 Yarra Valley Shiraz, Australia; 11 bottles of Linton Park 2016 South African Merlot; 2 bottles of Spanish 2019 Tempranillo Selected
1 bottle of Domaine Bruno Sorg 2012 Gewurztraminer; 3 50cl bottles of Blandy's 10 Years Aged Madeira; 2 x 50cl bottles of Henriques & Henriques 10 Years Old Madeira; 1 50cl bottle
3 bottles of Serra Da Estrela Rias Baixas 2019 Albarino; 2 bottles of Daniel-Etienne Defaix 2012 Chablis; 1 bottle of Damft Freres 2014 Petit Chablis; 4 bottles of Sylvaner 2016
2 bottles of Daniel-Etienne Defaix 2012 Chablis; 10 bottles of Saint-Veran 2016 Bourgogne. 12 bottles in total. No Reserve. No VAT.
1 bottle of Lustau East India Solera Sherry, boxed; 4 bottles of Villa Wolf 2016 German Pinot Noir; 2 bottles of Rioja Vega 2008 Gran Reserva; 1 x 1L bottle of Fino Sherry; 1
3 bottles of Daniel-Etienne Defaix 2012 Chablis; 9 bottles of Domaine De La Motte 2018 Chablis 1er Cru. 12 bottles in total. No Reserve. No VAT.
7 bottles of Gascony Dry White 2018 Cotes De Gascogne; 4 bottles of 2017 Trocken Riesling; 1 bottle of Martin Pomfy 2017 Rizling Vlassky; 1 bottle of Tino 2020 Vermentino Di
A mixed lot of Spanish and Italian red wine, comprising; 12 bottles of Tanners Spanish 2018 Reserva La Mancha; 1 bottle of Rioja Vega 2008 Gran Reserva; 3 bottles of Vina Real
5 bottles of Dr Loosen 2016 Reislng; 2 bottles of Leitz Weingut Rudesheimer Magdalenenkreuz Kabinett, 1 x 2017, 1 x 2016; 5 bottles of Karl May 2020 Weissburgunder Trocken. 12
6 bottles of Avery's La Bouette de Bourgogne; 5 bottles of Davy's No 1 House White; 1 bottle of Domaine Mas de Buary Gaillac. 12 bottles in total. No Reserve. No VAT.
2 bottles of Le Grand Mare 2019 Touraine Sauvignon; 2 bottles of Albert Bichot 2016 Saint-Veran; 8 bottles of Jean-Pierre Seve 2016 Macon-Solutre. 12 bottles in total. No Reserve.
5 bottles of Catherine Lucas 2009 Bordeaux Superieur; 7 bottles of Saint-Emilion 2012 Grand Vin De Bordeaux. 12 bottles in total. No Reserve. No VAT.
6 bottles of Chateau Cantemerle 2019 Haut-Medoc, owc. No Reserve. No VAT.
6 bottles of Chateau Batailley 2019 Pauillac (all in). No Reserve. No VAT.
A mixed lot of mainly French and Italian, and 1 German red wine, comprising; 11 bottles of Bertrand Ambroise 2012 Bourgogne; 3 bottles of 2020 Cotes Du Rhone; 2 bottles of Jean
12 bottles of Melody by G. Metz 2017 Reisling. No Reserve. No VAT.
12 bottles of Chateau Cissac 2019 Haut-Medoc, owc. No Reserve. No VAT.
7 bottles of Tio Pep Fino Rama; 1 x 500ml bottle of Wellington Palo Cortado 20 Years Jerez Xeres Sherry; 1 bottle of Marsala Superiore Secco; 2 bottles of Tanners Mariscal
6 bottles of Averys of Bristol 2018 Fine Alsace; 4 bottles of Domaine Bott Geyl 2016 Les Elements Gewurztraminer; 1 bottle of Melody By G. Metz 2017 Reisling; 1 bottle of Domaine