Timed auction of Wine, Port, Champagne & Whisky
- Registration & Bidding opened: Saturday, 20th June 2020 from 11:00am
- Bidding Closed: Thursday, 25th June 2020 from 7:01pm
THIS IS A TIMED ONLINE AUCTION ONLY
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SITE, NO LIVE AUCTION IS TAKING PLACE
Bidding Opens: Saturday 20th June at 10am
Bidding Starts to Close: Thursday 25th June from 6pm
• Registration Deposit - A Deposit of £500 will need to be paid to participate in the Auction. Please note that all deposits are to be paid via Sagepay no deposits will be taken over the phone. Unsuccessful purchasers should note that refunds of deposits can take approximately 3 - 5 days.
• Tips on Bidding - Put in your highest bid you would be prepared to go to, at your earliest opportunity. When bidding, the system treats your bid differently depending on whether the seller has placed a reserve price on the lot. If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve. If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then an increment table operates that the system follows, similar to other bidding platforms. For example: £2 increment up to £50; £5 increment up to £100; £10 increment up to £200; £20 increment up to £500; £25 increment up to £1000; £50 increment up to £10,000. A word to the wise – don’t wait until the last minute to bid, put your highest bid in as early as possible. You may pay less than your bid if you win. Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time, during or after the auction. All bids are contractually binding. Winning bidders will be emailed on the next working day after the auction. The Auctioneers may withdraw Lots at any time (see 3.2 Condition of Sale). If you are the successful bidder on one or more than one lot that is sold to you, provisionally or outright, the bids are binding and you cannot withdraw any bids - you will be liable for all lots sold to you.
• Invoicing and Payments - The sale will start to close from 6pm on Thursday 25th June, each lot will end 1 minute apart. If your bid wins, you must buy. Your bid on an auction is a legally binding contract. If, when time runs out, your bid is the highest, you have purchased the item and you must pay for it. Payment should be made Bank Transfer. Bidders will be contacted after the sale regarding provisional bids placed under reserve. All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer or debit card, terms will be sent with the email invoice.
• Buyers Fees & VAT - All Lots are subject to Buyers Premium of 17.5% + VAT. We have suspended supplementary online buyers’ fees, so you can buy through the timed auctions at no additional cost. Only sale prices and our standard buyers fees (buyers premium) will apply. The VAT status applied to the hammer price is shown in the lot description.
• Collection/Delivery of Purchases - Under the updated Covid-19 regulations imposed by Government, buyers may collect their own goods, under the following terms: .
• Collection by appointment only.
• Hand washing, wearing gloves and hand sanitising is essential when coming onto our sites.
• Social distancing measures must be in place and adhered to (2 metre distancing).
• Items that have been handled must be wiped down for collection.
• The collection point for items will be outside and customers must not come into any buildings.
• Items may be delivered by certified hauliers, which we will gladly help with and arrange for you. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request.
All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
• Storage: During the Government Isolation Period items can be stored with us free of charge. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law. Haulier delivery and collection will be by quarantine appointment for essential business only.
• Storage - During the Government Isolation Period items can be stored with us free of charge. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
• Items Sold Under Bond - Some lots are held under bond. All items purchased under bond are only available for transfer under bond to a buyer with a bond account. Bond transfers will be subject to a £1 per lot administration charge and any delivery charges will be passed on to the buyer after the sale. Brightwells can assist in setting up bond accounts for buyers if required.
• Abbreviations – The catalogue abbreviations you will find within lot descriptions are explained below:
Labels & Foil:
bsl: Bin Soiled
cdl: Cellar Damaged
slstl: Slight Stained Label
disl: Disintegrated Label
foil: Foil/Capsule Damaged
nf: Not Filtered
ib: in Bond
oc: Original Carton
owc: Original Wooden Case
Wine Levels (Mirrington Level Indicator) :
hf: High Fill
in: Into Neck
ts: Very Top Shoulder
ts: Top Shoulder
us: Upper Shoulder
ms: Mid Shoulder
ls: Low Shoulder
bls: Below Low Shoulder
3 bottles of Vosne Romanee 1er Cru Les Brulees 1999, Rene Engel. No VAT
3 bottles of Vosne Romanee 1er Cru Les Brulees 2003, Rene Engel. No VAT