Classic Cars & Motorcycles Auction
- Registration & Bidding opened: Saturday, 19th June 2021 from 11:00am
- Bidding Closed: Wednesday, 23rd June 2021 from 8:01pm
Registration and Bidding Opens: Saturday 19th June at 10am
• Buyers Fees - We charge a Buyer’s Premium of 12% (minimum £150) plus vat on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
• Viewing - This is by appointment ONLY and can be arranged online – HERE.
• Vehicles - all vehicles on offer are physically with us at our Easters Court premises so we have inspected both the vehicles themselves and the associated paperwork. Please note - this is a timed-online auction and although we aim to have viewing capabilities, this will depend on the latest Government restrictions. The Brightwells’ site at Easters Court is closed to all visitors without appointments until further notice.
• Registration Deposit - A deposit reservation (like a hotel/hire car booking) of £2,500 is needed to participate in the Auction. Please note that all deposit reservations are managed through Sagepay - no deposits will be taken over the phone. Unsuccessful purchasers should note that refunds of deposits can take approximately 3 - 5 days, you will get an email at the time we have processed the release from our side and please check with you bank to ensure they do not have a longer return policy.
• Tips on Bidding - Register early and don’t bid late! And please note the following:
o Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time. All bids are contractually binding.
o If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve.
o If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then our increment system comes into play and you will see what the next minimum bid can be on the bid page. If your maximum bid is above the increment, the bid will go to the increment, unless someone thereafter forces the bid up to your maximum. Bidders cannot place a bid with the same maximum that someone else has already placed, so a warning will tell you if your bid is the same. You may pay less than your maximum bid if you win, therefore, depending on other bidders.
o Further tips on bidding in this auction can be found in our Guide To Timed Auctions HERE.
• Reserve Prices and Provisional Sales - Some lots may have reserve prices and the final highest bid on a lot may be subject to acceptance by the seller, if the reserve is higher. The highest final bidder on a lot is contractually obliged to stand by that bid, if it is accepted by the seller.
• Warranties and Descriptions - Items in this auction are all sold as seen and without warranty. There is no guarantee of condition, working condition or description. No items have been tried or tested for sale. Volumes, where stated, are approximate and are not guaranteed. Condition Reports are for guidance only and do not provide any mechanical/electrical guarantees. Details of the vehicles offered are taken from the V5C.
• Invoicing and Payments - All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer or debit card, terms will be sent with the email invoice. We do not accept cash.
• Collection/Delivery of Purchases - Under the updated Covid-19 regulations imposed by Government, buyers may collect their own goods, under the following terms: .
o Collection by appointment only.
o Hand washing, wearing gloves and hand sanitising is essential when coming onto our sites.
o Social distancing measures must be in place and adhered to (2 metre distancing).
o Items that have been handled must be wiped down for collection.
o The collection point for items will be outside and customers must not come into any buildings.
o Items may be delivered by certified hauliers, which we will gladly help with and arrange for you. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request.
o All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
• Storage - Items can be stored with us free of charge for one week from the sale date, after which we will charge £15 plus VAT per item per day. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
• Health & Safety – Covid 19 Regulations: When customers come on site, we expect them to read our signage, listen to social distancing and cleaning requirements outlined by our staff and to abide by our risk assessments/notices. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our site, as we take the safety of our customers and staff to be our highest priority.
1934 Austin Seven Nippy
Driven to the sale; very smart example with original body; a genuine sports Austin with a Phoenix crank; close ratio gears; Nippy axle ratio; lots
1972 Volkswagen Beetle 1300
Recent full respray; most brightwork replaced, new carpets and door cards; new tyres and wheels recently fitted; brakes overhauled; ready for action
1946 MG TC
A very nicely prepared ex-Concours winner; full weather equipment; driven to the sale; lots of history with this one...
The MG TC appeared as soon as MG could
Recent refurbishment; good tyres; lights; in recent use; ex-East Kent Girl Guides
Possibly the best-known and best-loved tractor of all time, the Ferguson
1991 Nissan Figaro
Finished in Emerald Green to denote 'Spring' with punchy 1.0 turbo engine and 3-speed auto box; room to improve or use as is
Dating from 1991
1998 Fiat Barchetta
Only 80,500 miles indicated; black leather interior; smart example of this pretty little roadster
Launched in 1995, the Fiat Barchetta was a
1973 MG Midget
1973 MG Midget
Sound little MG restored some time ago; lots spent over the years; round-arch model; the perfect starter classic
The last in the line of MG Midgets started life
2000 Saab 9-5 Hearse
Professionally built by Coleman Milne in late 2000; in service until mid May 2021; ready for work or....play?!
Room for one inside?
Saab 9-5 converted to
1969 Morris 1000 Saloon
Older restoration; a smart Morris in solid order requiring light recommissioning to the brakes following a period of R&R
This 1969 Minor was
1976 Land Rover Lightweight
First registered for the road in 1987; Range Rover differentials; X9 Superwinch; used regularly as a workhorse; driven 50 miles to the
1964 Humber Sceptre MkI
Rare Rootes variant; funky dashboard; good performance and you won't see another one any time soon; solid car which needs use after a period in storage
1929 Singer Junior Tourer
Few owners, the current for 15 years; in regular use until recently; affectionately known as Dilly; has spent her whole life in the local area;
1931 Morris Minor
Current owner 11 years; nice little coachbuilt two-door saloon in need of recommissioning following 5 years in storage; transferable number plate
2004 Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible
175bhp 2.0 turbocharged rag top from a deceased estate with manual 'box and leather interior; good value summer fun!
2001 Peugeot 406 Coupe
Striking Pininfarina designed coupe with seating for 4, here in rarer 2.2 turbodiesel form wearing attractive 18" Bola B1 alloy wheels
Launched in the
1959 MG ZB Magnette
Stalled restoration, which starts, runs and drives with good interior
Dating from January 1959 this late model 1,500cc Magnette is offered here as a stalled
1976 MGB Roadster
Fully rebuilt from a rust-free California shell and converted to RHD; Peter Burgess Stage 1 head; overdrive; GKN alloys; lowered suspension; many new parts;
1995 Range Rover Vogue TDi 2.5
Two owners from new, the current since 1999; spares or repairs
First registered in May 1995, this Range Rover Vogue TDi 2.5 has had
1975 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4
In the current ownership since 1988; for restoration; engine and gearbox included along with various other
1954 MG TF 1500
Lovely car; tub-off bare metal respray in 2008; recent engine rebuild; five speed gearbox fitted; all leather new upholstery, door cards, tonneau, hood and