Near 60 year ownership; a huge history file; nicely presented
with full weather equipment; up together and ready to enjoy - fun for all the
Delivered through University Motors in March 1939, its first owner was Mrs Kemball of Walton on Thames. Painted blue, it can't have had much use for the following five years, emerging in 1946 by this time painted green.
The engine number had been changed to 2410, so when it was changed we don't know but it was very early on in the piece. A string of owners are on record from 1949 until 1966 when it came into the hands of the current registered keeper, who sadly passed away last year.
He refurbished the car almost immediately, changing its colour to white with black wings and silver wheels, the car getting another refurb between May 1985 and August 1986, emerging this time in ivory with a black bonnet top, wings and ivory wheels.
Correspondence on file and numerous plaques on the dashboard suggest a busy life, attending MG club events both at home and abroad. It has clearly been loved and then loved some more, its long term owner undertaking yet another major refurb in 2013 - documented with photos and invoices.
Vermont Restorations undertook most of the work, which included removing the engine and giving the body a full strip and repaint. The engine was fitted with new pistons and liners, new bearings, exhaust valves and guides and timing chain etc. Invoices on file include an unleaded head conversion and a brand new cam and rocker shaft in the early noughties. The engine was powder coated and still looks very smart to this day.
Work was also done to the front axle and the distributor was fully rebuilt by the Distributor Doctor. The odometer would suggest it has covered around 7,000 miles since.
The weather equipment is in good order and consists of a hood and full side-screen set. With loads of provenance and history, this well-known VA has been starting, running and driving on site and we like it a lot....
Contact [email protected]
* All charges are subject to VAT