1958 MGA Roadster
From a deceased estate; original UK car; 5-speed gearbox; MGB engine; servo brakes; electric cooling fan; restored in 2012 and only 5,000 miles since
As the Heritage Certificate confirms, this MGA 1500 Roadster was built in January 1958 and was originally Glacier Blue with a grey interior and had disc wheels and an adjustable steering column. Nothing is known of the car’s subsequent history, but a 1967 green logbook shows that by this point it was with an owner in Marlow, Bucks, and the colour had been changed to Metallic Claret.
On offer here from a deceased estate, we are told that it was acquired by the vendor about 15 years ago as a project to keep him busy in his retirement. There are no invoices to show exactly what work was done to the car but it has been fitted with a later 1,798cc MGB engine and a 5-speed gearbox which seems to be a Ford unit, judging by a couple of bills on file. A brake servo and an electric cooling fan have also been fitted.
The hood is clearly fairly new, as are the wire wheels and the seat covers and the bodywork has been restored to a decent standard with aluminium door skins, bonnet and boot lid. An old MOT (with no advisories recorded) implies that it was returned to the road in May 2012 when it only had 3 miles on the clock, a total which has since risen to 5,078 miles. A certificate from the Llandudno MG Owners Club shows that it successfully completed the Snowdon MG Run in August 2015.
Correspondence with the DVLA shows that the original Nottingham-issue registration number, 341 AAL, was also successfully retrieved in 2012, this being non-transferable.
Other than that, there really isn’t much we can tell you, but it has certainly been starting promptly and running well as we have moved it around on site, with good 60psi oil pressure.
For more information contact James on 07970 309907 or email [email protected]
* All charges are subject to VAT